DCpedicab.com is the original pedicab sightseeing experience in DC, continuously in the business of providing pedicab tours, since 2005. We are a worker-owned cooperative of five pedicab guides: Chris, Don, Jeff, Kevin, and Robert. We are committed to the quality of our craft, not the quantity of our production. We are authorized and licensed by the National Park Service to operate throughout the National Mall, and insured to $2,000,000 million US dollars; certificates of insurance are available upon request with a reservation. Each of us owns our pedicabs, which are human-powered passenger tricycles with canopy shelters and comfortable seating for two to three adults plus children, and we are ready to take you on a memorable sightseeing tour tailored to your schedule and interests. Our co-op of five guides has over 45 years of collective experience guiding thousands of sightseeing tours in DC, and we are ready to convey that dedication and pride in our craft during your time with us.
Reservations: (202)345-8065 (voice call or text)
Frequently Asked Questions
“What do you offer?” - Your entertaining and educational DCpedicab.com tour guide will create a memorable sightseeing experience as you are guided around the National Mall on a personalized pedicab tour.
- Make as many, or as few stops as you wish to enter the memorials and experience their grandeur.
- Let us help you extend your mobility if you have trouble walking long distances.
- Relax under our canopy shelters to avoid the heat of the sun, or a passing rainshower.
- Begin and end your tour anywhere around downtown DC, or down on the National Mall.
- We welcome singles, couples, and families, pets, persons with disabilities, and their service animals.
“We are ready to make a reservation! Should we call you, text you or email you?” - Whichever option you prefer. It’s easy, quick, and simple, to reserve a tour with DCpedicab.com.
- Your tour can be reserved right now, in a few minutes, without a deposit.
- We don’t need credit card information either.
- Just call us, or text us, (202)345-8065 anytime, day or night.
- You can also reserve your tour here at this website using the "Navigation" or "Reservations" button above.
Sometimes we are busy guiding tours for other guests, but if you text us, or leave us a voicemail, or reserve a tour here, one of our co-op guides will respond to you at our very earliest convenience to confirm your reservation and answer your questions. If we still have availability when you contact us, we can reserve a tour time for you for later on today, or tonight, or tomorrow, or later in the week, or weeks from now, or months from now.
- Your mobile number for the day of your tour
- The date you would like to tour.
- The time you would like us to pick you up
- The total number of guests enjoying the tour (adults & children)
- Your preferred pickup location, or we can suggest one later
We can pick you up to begin your tour anywhere in Downtown DC or around the National Mall. We can come right to your hotel, or to any of the museums or metro stations nearby, or elsewhere. The more notice you are able to provide, the greater your choice of available tour reservation times. If you can’t plan that far ahead, you could always try calling us or texting us the day before, or the day of, at (202)345-8065. If it’s not too busy, we will do our best to reserve a tour for you for later on that same day, or evening.
“Can we all fit in one pedicab? Or two pedicabs?” - Use this scale / chart below:
How many adults and children are in your family or group?
- 1 adult: 1 pedicab with luxurious room to kick back, relax, and ride in style!
- 1 adult and 1 small child = 1 adult (small child rides free): 1 pedicab will work just fine.
- 1 adult and 2 small children = 2 adults: 1 pedicab will work just fine.
- 1 adult and 3 small children = 2 adults: 1 pedicab will work.
- 1 adult and 4 small children = 3 adults: 1 pedicab might work.
- 2 adults and 1 small child = 2 adults (small child rides free): 1 pedicab will work.
- 2 adults and 2 small children = 3 adults: 1 pedicab will suffice.
- 2 adults and 3 small children = 3 adults: 1 pedicab typically works.
- 3 adults: 1 pedicab will usually suffice
- 3 adults and 1 small child sitting on a lap = 3 adults: 1 pedicab, in most cases
- 3 adults and 2 small children on laps = 4 adults: we reccommend 2 pedicabs
- 3 adults and 3 small children? = 4 adults: you’ll need 2 pedicabs
- 3 adults and 4 small children = 5 adults: You’ll fit just fine in 2 pedicabs
- 4 or more adults? You’ll need 2 pedicabs
- 4 or more adults plus children too? You’ll need two or more pedicabs.
- Older children, pre-teens, and teens = adults for the purposes of our tour fees.
Let’s help you determine a comfortable seating arrangement. Please reach out to us with any questions at (202)345-8065. Our pedicabs have 46” wide seating areas. Typically, toddlers and “small children” (under 50 lbs) can fit on the lap of an adult if needed. Older children, pre-teens, and teens will be safer and more comfortable in their own seating space and each will count as one adult for the purposes of our tour fees.
“Will our child stroller fit safely on the pedicab with all of us also aboard”
- We can always fit a folded up umbrella stroller aboard the pedicab.
- We can sometimes fit --single-- child, medium sized strollers folded up
- We generally cannot fit --double-- strollers for two children.
You will have more legroom and comfort on board our pedicabs without a larger folded up stroller. If you can possibly leave your large single child stroller at your hotel, or in your car, or park it at a bike rack (ask us about using one of our bike locks) or inside a museum locker, that actually might be a really good idea. If you're in doubt about whether this type of tour will work for you, call us or text us at (202)345-8065
“When are your business hours?” -
- We make advance reservations for tours beginning at 9:00am, and lasting until the evening.
- We offer twilight tours, which are best started around sunset, and
- If you contact us, we can provide that sunset time for your future reservation date.
- If you prefer, we can also reserve a night tour time that begins in full darkness, after sunset
- The more notice you provide, the better we would be able to accommodate your reservation request.
We are a small and flexible worker-owned co-op and strive to accommodate your unique schedule/plans. If you have a special request to make an advance reservation for an early morning or late night tour, try calling us at (202)345-8065, and we will do our best to set up an unusual tour reservation for later on, or tomorrow.
“How long are your tours?”
- No waiting around at a bus stop! With a pedicab, we could show you the entire mall in a few hours.
- Most guests decide to tour with us for 1.5 to 3 hours.
- Some guests tour with us for as long as 4 or 5 hours!
- Our tour reservations have a one hour minimum fee.
- If you decide to make it a longer tour, fees are pro-rated by the 1/4 hour after the 1st hour
- We never over book ourselves and our guides allow 4 to 5 hours between reservations
- We could make as many or as few stops as you wish for photos, or to enter the memorials.
- You could instead ride the pedicab the entire time if you’d like with no stops.
- This will be your personalized tour, and that will be your choice.
- Sorry, but we do not offer "flat rate" tours or "itinerary-based" tours with a schedule of included stops.
- Please call us or text us at (202)345-8065 to make a tour reservation or with questions.
“What happens if it rains? Do you have canopies on --all-- of your pedicabs?”
- Yes! We have rain and shade canopies and umbrellas on all of our pedicabs to keep you dry and happy.
- We can fulfill our advance reservations rain or shine.
- Or, we will work with you to postpone or reschedule your tour to another time or day, if possible.
“What is your cancellation policy?”
- We have an easy, simple, hassle-free cancellation policy.
- You can make a risk-free reservation for a tour with us right now,
- No deposits or credit cards are required to reserve a tour or take a tour
- You can pay us at the end of your tour in cash or with a card.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your tour time reservation, as a courtesy to our guides and other guests, please call or text us at (202)345-8065, or email us here through our website. We simply ask you to provide us with as much notice as you can so we can make your tour reservation time available to other guests that wish to tour with us. If you want to reschedule your tour, we will work with you on that. Call us at (202)345-8065 and we’ll try hard to work something out with you.
“We make a habit of “running late,” what will happen to our tour reservation?” - In that case, please call or text us at (202)345-8065 to touch base with us. If you don’t contact us, or don’t show up by (15) minutes after the beginning of your reservation pickup time, we will cancel your tour reservation, and send you a text message or call you. If we aren’t too busy that particular day, we might be able to reschedule with you, or set something up for later on that day or evening or later on that week.
“Walking is a challenge for me (or my loved one); can you accommodate passengers with disabilities, with mobility devices, or in wheelchairs?” - Yes!
- We can bring you significantly closer to the memorials than a bus or car.
- Each of the memorials are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- All of our pedicabs have a step and handrails to make for easy curbside boarding
- We can use curb cuts as needed.
- Unlike a bus, there are no flights of steps to ascend and descend with a line of people behind you.
- We arrive and leave any stops you choose to make at your pace.
- We can provide door through door personal escorting to help you with your balance,
- We personally guide you to the elevators at memorials,
- With advance notice, we can accommodate one folding walker or one folding wheelchair on each pedicab.
- We have professional training and experience in handling, folding, and safely securing these devices.
- There is plenty of room for oxygen tanks or other medical equipment also.
- We can even arrive to your tour pickup with one folding wheelchair, for an additional fee; please inquire.
- We welcome both companion pets and service animals.
Much like a car taxi, we cannot accomodate large motorized wheelchairs, but we can recommend a public taxi service with a wheelchair-accessible minivan. Please feel at liberty to call us at (202)345-8065 with any questions, or if you're not sure this type of tour is best for your situation.
“What areas do you serve?”
- We are most often around the Memorials, Capitol Hill, and Downtown, DC.
- We can come to anywhere in Downtown DC to pick you up to begin your tour.
- We could also pick you up anywhere on the National Mall to begin your tour.
- We can come right to your downtown hotel or a Metro station downtown.
- Please call us with any questions at (202)345-8065.
You can also reserve our pedicabs and chauffeurs for weddings and special events at other locations anywhere in DC, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and beyond!
"How much are your sightseeing tour fees?" - Our 2018 tour fees:
- One (1) adult guest: $84 per hour.
- Two (2) adult guests: $47 per person, per hour ($94 per pedicab, per hour)
- Three (3) adult guests: $35 per person, per hour ($105 per pedicab, per hour)
- One small child rides for free (with adults) in each pedicab.
- Two “small children” count as one adult for the purposes of our tour fees.
- Older children, pre-teens, and teens each count as one adult for the purposes of our tour fees.
- DCpedicab.com tours are charged on an hourly fee schedule beginning upon your tour reservation time.
- Hourly fee charges end at the conclusion of your tour / ride with us.
- Fees are pro-rated to the nearest 1/4 hour, after the first hour.
- The fees above are per pedicab, and are calculated by how many guests will ride in each pedicab.
- These fees include your personal tour guide who will be pedalling your pedicab.
After 2018, these tour fees are subject to change without notice here. Should you have questions on our tour fees, let’s talk! Try us at (202)345-8065
“What forms of payments do you accept?”
- You pay your guide at the end of your tour
- We love cash! We also accept American Express, Master Card, Visa, and Discover.
- There are no deposits to make, nor “tickets” to buy before you make a reservation.
- There is nothing to pay for up front in order to make a reservation with us.
- Simply contact us at (202)345-8065, and we will make your tour reservation.
“Can you provide a receipt for my expense account / records?” - Yes!
- We can email or text you a payment receipt for your records.
- Most business travelers need "ground transportation" at some point during their trip.
- Many of our guests use our pedicabs for business entertainment of their clients and colleagues.
- Ground transportation and business entertainment is an easily justifiable business expense.
- Please call us at (202)345-8065 with any questions.
“How safe is riding in a pedicab?”
- Riding in a passenger tricycle pedicab is a safe experience.
- Each of our guides are properly licensed by the National Park Service.
- Our pedicabs are equipped with marker lights, turn signals, flashing headlamps, reflective tape panels, reflective triangles, and wheel reflectors.
- We operate in federal areas patrolled by dozens of police agencies.
- We do not operate on high-speed roads.
- We enjoy the use of certain sidewalk areas on the mall, separated cycle tracks, bicycle lanes, shared lane markings.
- We are fully insured to $2,000,000 million limits by an AM Best rated insurance carrier
- Certificate of Insurance is available upon request with a tour reservation.
“I believe I forgot / lost / left my belongings in one of your pedicabs” - We certainly aren't the only pedicabs operating in DC, but at our earliest convenience, we will check with our guides. Please allow us at least one day to reply to you, especially if you are contacting us late in the evening, or early in the morning. You might also contact any bars, restaurants, nightclubs, parties, liquor stores, pharmacies, hotels, shops, museums, or other attractions you visited during your busy night/day.